February is associated with LOVE because of Valentine’s Day, so let’s focus on a few ways to LOVE yourself and your body this month!
Here are five simple, practical, ways to love yourself.
- Say “No” more often– this choice will free up some time for you to take that long bath, read a book, or try that coffee shop or restaurant you have been wanting to try because you said “NO” to adding more to your schedule!
- “TREAT YO SELF”– Go get a spa treatment of your choice! Maybe it’s a manicure or pedicure, a massage or body wrap, a new cut, and color, or ALL THE ABOVE! Giving yourself some love by beautifying yourself feels wonderful! Rhimix Salon and Spa can help you with all your needs; if budget is an issue, they can still get you Aveda salon products to give you the same scents and results on your time in your own home!
- SLOW DOWN – This one might be the hardest. Our schedules are so busy, and if you have kids, you’re juggling sports, dance, school, and extracurriculars that add up and take lots of time and energy! Try to slow down by setting aside one night to have a meal around the table together. You could even prepare the meal as a family. Or, slowing down could look like sitting and watching a movie with your kids once a week or playing a game! We love games in our house – we laugh, pop popcorn, and get competitive! Uno, Sorry, Dutch Blitz & Throw Throw Burrito are some of our favorites!
- Fuel your body with good food – Eat good food – plain and simple. You are what you eat. We all get so busy that convenient, high sodium/fat, processed, or fast food becomes our diet way too often. Choosing to cook at home not only will save your budget, but your health. Meal prep. Make extra chicken breast and eat it on a salad, in pasta, on a sandwich, or shred it and make it into chicken salad. Have healthy bars and nuts in your car or bag to curb that craving between meals. Simple, small changes will make big impacts on multiple parts of your life.
- Get active and outside! This one is simple; walk around the block, park farther from the door, take the stairs, and grab a friend to make movement more fun! I also love listening to audiobooks or podcasts to motivate me and help me learn or reflect.
Here are a few of my favorites I listen to while I work out:
- Podcasts – The Ed Mylett Show, Mindset Mentor, 7 good minutes with Clyde Lee Dennis, On Purpose with Jay Shetty, Huberman Lab, The MindBodyGreen Podcast, Manifestation Babe, Highest Self Podcast.
- Books – Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance by Angela Duckworth, The Power of Positive Thinking by Dr. Norman Vincent Peale, Awaken the Giant Within by Tony Robbins, The Gifts of Imperfection, Daring Greatly, Dare to Lead, and Rising Strong, all by Brene Brown (love all her books!), Get Out of Your Own Head by Jennie Allen, and Think Like a Monk by Jay Shetty.
These small changes can make BIG impacts on your day-to-day life! They are simple, but they take some commitment. In general, it takes 21 days to form a habit- so in less than a month, you can make these changes and grow as an individual. Ultimately that is the goal we are all striving for, to be the best and healthiest version of ourselves – always pushing forward and never staying stagnant.
Rhimix is more than just a salon, OUR HOPE IS THAT WE AFFORD EACH AND EVERY GUEST THE OPPORTUNITY TO EXPERIENCE A TRULY RELAXING AND REJUVENATING AVEDATM SENSORY EXPERIENCE, TO ENCOURAGE YOU TO RECLAIM DAILY HEALTH PRACTICES THAT CAN LIFT YOU TO A HIGHER CONSCIOUSNESS TO BALANCE MIND, BODY AND SPIRIT. Call or book online we would love to help you meet your goals whatever they are!