Last month, in September’s Blog post, we touched on the amazing vegan hair color from Aveda. I hope you booked your appointment at Rhimix Salon and Spa and made the change, be it subtle or dramatic, and are loving it! If not – here is the sign you need to do it NOW!
This month, let’s talk about the products to use in order to keep your hair color looking vibrant & shiny and your hair feeling amazing and nourished. Let’s first look at the the brand Aveda as a whole and why we recommend their products:
🍃 They are an environmentally friendly company.
🍃 More than 85% of Aveda’s skincare and hair styling PCR PET bottles and jars contain 100% post-consumer recycled materials.
🍃 Aveda is 100% Vegan, and cruelty-free in their hair, skin, and body care!
🍃 100% wind and solar powered manufacturing.
🍃 Aveda’s mission statement is: “We care for the world we live in from our products to the way we give back to the society.”
Now that you’ve fallen even more in love with Aveda products in general, here are 5 specific ways to keep your hair fresh post color treatment:
- If your hair is damaged or dry it might be hard for your hair to hold the color molecules. SO…use Aveda Conditioning treatments like the botanical repairTM intensive strengthening masque: rich to help with the damage.
- Don’t forget to schedule regular trims at RHIMIX Salon and Spa to keep your hair healthy.
- Wash your hair as infrequently as possible to help keep color looking vibrant and also rinse with cooler water. Use Aveda’s shampowderTM dry shampoo to help stretch your days between washes.
- Keep your hair protected from UV rays with a hat, scarf, or hair spf like Aveda sun care protective hair veil.
- Aveda has a Color Control line that is formulated to maintain and liven color-treated hair. The line offers a shampoo, conditioner, and daily maintenance solution. It has several plant-based ingredients including green tea leaf extract, citrus peel extract, pine bark extract, grape seed extract, and milkvetch root extract. These extracts extend the color’s vibrancy by resisting fading. It also has protection from the damaging effects of the sun, water, and environment around you as a bonus!
Ask your stylist at Rhimix Salon and Spa what line or products are best for you and your color/ haircare needs!